Contributing to Herman
Thanks for contributing to Herman development!
Feature requests and bug reports can be filed on GitHub:
- Write a title that summarizes the specific problem or feature request
- Introduce the problem with steps to reproduce
- Help reduce the problem to the smallest code sample possible, and provide the relevant code
If you are contributing code with new features or bug-fixes:
- Fork the project, and create a branch for your contribution
- Follow the development guide below to get Herman running locally
- Write tests and documentation as necessary, and make sure all tests are passing
- Open a pull request on GitHub
We love having more people involved in the project, and everyone is welcome. As maintainers, we review all the code, and may provide feedback before accepting a PR. We’re happy to work with you to make this the best (and friendliest) project we can.
To install the necessary Node dependencies, run
You can format and lint the project with
and run the unit tests with
To compile and minify the static assets –
as well as generate the documentation –
You can start up a local development server with
Access the running server at
Code of Conduct
As a company, we want to embrace the very differences that have made our collaborations successful, and work together to provide the best environment for learning, growing, working, and sharing ideas. It is imperative that OddBird continue to be a welcoming, challenging, fun, and fair place to contribute.