- Date: Thursday, June 1
- Time: 11:30am - 12:30pm (MST)
- Location: OddFriends Slack
OddBird is holding an open question and answer session on a free slack
channel to talk with you about developing a web app from start to finish
– the decisions you need to make about team and technology and testing,
budget and development costs, and how to build a user-base without
relying on “viral” mysticism.
- How much does an MVP or prototype cost?
- How do I validate my concept with real users?
- Who should be on my development team?
- How can I communicate effectively with developers?
- What technology should I use?
- How can I build a user-base?
- What’s the difference between a mockup and a wireframe?
It’s your hour. What do you want to know, from web-product experts in
Who Are These Experts?
As core developers on Django, Susy, & Plone – we’re experts in
We lead many teams, both tiny startups and huge enterprise companies,
through the web app development process – from branding and naming, to
content strategy and information architecture, to project estimation and
MVP development. Recently, one of our clients’ companies was acquired!
Feel free to check out the CoachHub web app and many other samples of
Tips to Save Money on Development
If you don’t have the budget to develop a full MVP or even a
prototype of your web application, one option is to start with a
hi-fidelity mockup. Mockups look great in a professional pitch and take
a fraction of the time and money to create.
Consider hiring a user experience designer to create an interactive
mockup in Adobe XD or InVision, and without paying for a single line
of code you can rapidly test your ideas with users, updating the
features to fit their needs.