As we wrap up our sixth year, it seems like a good time to share our first-ever year-end retrospective. Here’s 2013, OddBird style:
- Rachel Nabors and Claudina Sarahe joined the team! We’re not into growth for its own sake (it’s taken us six years), but Rachel and Claudina kick ass and we’re lucky to have them working with us.
- We had a great time working on Portfoliyo with The K Network and collaborating on a new ed-tech project with Junyo. We like solving problems that matter.
- We’re slowly developing Miriam’s novel (which has gotten some rave previews), and working on a (still pre-alpha) collaborative authoring tool.
- Miriam spoke at SassConf, the New York Sass & Compass Meetup, and the Brakhage Center for the Media Arts. She’ll appear again in 2014 at The Mixin and others TBA. Carl delivered a talk at PyCon and will speak at ConFoo and again at PyCon in 2014.
- We released code (and even maintained most of it afterwards!) Because we like open source software, and wouldn’t be here without it.
- We sponsored SassConf and are silver sponsors of PyCon 2014. It’s one way to give back to the communities that have helped form our skills and built the tools we use every day.
- We donated to PyLadies, the Ada Initiative, Black Girls Code, and MACILE. And you should, too!
Thanks for a great year, everyone. See you around in 2014!
— the Odds Bird