For those few cases where a grid really is required, we’ll talk about the best ways to roll your own, so you’re not relying on a bloated library to make decisions for you. We’ll also look at the new layout toys – from flexbox to CSS Grid – and how to get started with only a few lines of code.
- When to use floats, CSS Grid, flexbox, custom properties, and other techniques.
- How to make grid-math simple, and lose the grid-system.
- How to make grid-systems work for you when you need them.
Amazing talk by Miriam Suzanne at the Beyond Tellerand conference about the benefits of using plain CSS instead of heavy library for your grid! Very useful and inspiring. Thanks!
- [ ] Boulder Python – Boulder, CO
- [ ] Covalence Conf – San Francisco, CA
- [ ] Beyond Tellerand – Düsseldorf, Germany
- [ ] Clarity – San Francisco, CA
- [ ] CSS Dev Conf – New Orleans, LA
- [ ] Women Who Code Fort Collins – Fort Collins, CO
- [ ] DjangoCon US – Spokane, WA
- [ ] Develop Denver – Denver, CO
- [ ] Refresh Denver – Denver, CO