designing software for humans, with other humans
A project-manager’s reflections on human-centered problem-solving, client communication, and user feedback in agile web development.
The web is more than a technology platform, it was created with a mission statement. Design, code, and process trends also come with attached philosophies – and they aren’t always friendly to the user. We’ll talk about our human-centered approach to product-design, transparent client communication, learning to understand user-feedback, and designing for edge-cases with integrated teams.
- An overview of the philosophy behind the web
- How the medium influences what we make, and how we work
- Understanding “open” and “opinionated” philosophies
- Understanding (and seeking-out) user-feedback, without sacrificing vision
- How we integrate developers and designers in tight feedback cycles
- How we talk to clients about design choices
Thought provoking talk on rethinking who the user is and who we are writing for as developers. Wow! Made me think.