CSS has come a long way since the browser wars of the late 90s.
What used to be a struggle,
is now often a breeze (see
But the last 2 years have pushed CSS into entirely new territory:
with DOM-aware variables
and calculations that can drive your design,
- Basics for understanding Custom Properties &
- Practical examples and use-cases for data-infused design.
- Integrating with CSS Grids to build layouts on-the-fly.
Some pretty mind-bendingly cool uses for CSS custom props from @MiriSuzanne – color, layout & animation all in css and only using JS to feed data.
Best CSS talk I’ve ever seen was from @MiriSuzanne today at #dvlpdnvr. Simply amazing.
Well that was awesome!!! “If you think CSS is a dumb language, you’re a dumb language – CSS IS AWESOME!” @MiriSuzanne thank you so much for the amazing talk!
Miriam has always been nothing but spot-on, professional, funny, while also being extremely knowledgeable, smart, polite and always on time.
- [ ] Webconf.asia – Hong Kong
- [ ] Shift Remote – Online
- [ ] Develop Denver – Denver, CO
- [ ] Generate New York – San Francisco, CA
- [ ] Smashing Conf – San Francisco, CA
- [ ] VueConf US – Tampa, FL
- [ ] Front Range Front-End – Denver, CO
- [ ] Full Stack Fest – Barcelona, Spain
- [ ] JSConf US – Carlsbad, CA
- [ ] CSSConf Argentina – Buenos Aires, Argentina